Digital (fieldbus) technology
About digital "multibus" instruments
- based on a 32-bit micro controller with FLASH memory
- analog input/output: 0...5 Vdc, 0...10 Vdc, 0...20 mA, 4...20 mA (sourcing)
- valve output can be monitored
- 2 LED's for status indication
- 1 multi-functional switch for digital functions
- rotary switches for selecting the node address and the DeviceNetTM data rate
- configuration software for operation and service is available (through RS232)
- best accuracy +/- 0,5% of reading plus +/- 0,1% full scale (based on actual calibration)
- up to 8 calibration curves
- Gas MFC's with fast response - settling times down to 150 msec (see graph)
to visit our software
download section >>
Bronkhorst Mass Flow Meters/Controllers can be directly used as PROFIBUS DP slaves. By using the SPC3-Asic of Siemens Baud rates of up to 12 MBaud can be achieved.
The PROFINET protocol is 100% Ethernet-compatible and is used for data exchange between IO-Controllers (PLC, etc.) and IO-Devices (slaves, field devices). It uses the proven communication model and application view of PROFIBUS DP and extends it by Ethernet as the communication medium.
The DeviceNet™ interface was developed in accordance with SEMI E54, the standard for sensors and actuators.
Bronkhorst Mass Flow Meters/Controllers can be connected to Modbus as a Modbus slave.
Bronkhorst Mass Flow and Pressure Meters/Controllers can be supplied as EtherCAT® slave devices. This fieldbus system offers short cycle times with low communication jitter and low hardware costs.